Tuesday, April 5, 2011

~ Goulash ~

     Today's post is not about food.  Budapest,Hungary is the hometown of Zsa Zsa Gabor and Aunt Mary, a very fine lady with her straight skirt, sweater set and pearls.
     Aunt Mary was married to my maternal great-grandmother Josephine's brother, Steven.  I never met Uncle Steve or if I did I don't remember because I was only 8 months old when he died.  My mother said that Uncle Steve was a grouchy old man.  Judging from the photos I've seen of my great-great uncle, he didn't look like a ray of sunshine.  His lovely wife was always pleasant, always smiling and very friendly.
     I find it interesting that Aunt Mary was born in Hungary and her father-in-law Stephen Duper was from the neighboring country, Austria.

     ~Mary Duper ~    born 12 October 1896 in Budapest, Hungary and died January 1986 in NY
Map of Hungary

No comments:

Post a Comment