Thursday, March 14, 2019

At the Courthouse

#52Ancestors

                                                   

     I'm a bit late again.  For week 9 of the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks writing challenge, the topic was "At the Courthouse."  I can't think of anything to write about.  I don't know of any ancestors who were married at a courthouse.  I know of a few divorces and adoptions but I don't have details so I can't write about them.  After speaking to my mother about this topic she informed me that my maternal grandmother worked in a courthouse.
     My favorite grandmother who I called MaMa was an interpreter for the deaf.  I had already written about my great-grandmother, Josie who lost her hearing at a young age due to Scarlett Fever.  MaMa communicated with her mother using sign language so when she found this job it was the perfect opportunity to be the voice for those who can't speak.



                                                






















Copyright 2019 by Annmarie Novick, Skipping Down Memory Lane. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment