Saturday, March 19, 2011

Where is Emily?

     I am still searching for my great-great-great grandmother, Emily Devine who emigrated from Ireland to the United States.  She was married to Patrick who also hailed from the Emerald Isle.  I have no idea if Emily and Patrick were already married before they left their country or if they met and married after their arrival whenever that was.  I do know that they had five children- my great-great grandmother, Teresa and her siblings Emily, Sara, William and Joseph. I don't remember how I found out about Teresa's siblings.  I came across their names somewhere in my notes.  From now on I will document Every little thing. This blog is helping me get organized.   it really is...   a little at a time...   :)
     According to Teresa's death certificate (informant was her son, Albert), her mother's maiden name was O'Leary.  I have two copies of Teresa's baptismal certificate.  One does not have the parents last names and the other has Emily's last name listed as Sheldon.   hmmm  ? 
     I have checked census records and I can't find Emily and Patrick anywhere.  I will not give up.  I like a challenge.  I'll just start looking earlier in the day when I'm not so tired from using the computer all day at work.  I have five days in a row off next week (extended weekend) which I will use to continue my search for my elusive great-great-great grandmother, Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment