Sunday, March 8, 2020

* Eleanor Ferris *


     The topic for Week 6 of the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks writing challenge was 'Same Name.'  I thought I might write about my 2nd great-grandfather's name, Daniel until I found Eleanor Ferris who was my 5th great-grandmother.
     Eleanor Ferris was my 5th great-grandmother.  She was born about 1763 and died 4 May 1842.  I'm sure she had a large family with a ton of children like many women back then but I can only account for two of them.
     Eleanor's son, Charles, was my 4th great-grandfather who was born in 1800 and died 30 Dec 1851.  He is buried in Anning Smith Cemetery, the same cemetery as his parents.  Charles had a son named Ferris who I am guessing was named after Eleanor.  I've come across many ancestors whose first name was the maiden name of a parent or grandparent.  Charles had another son named William who was my 3rd great-grandfather.  William named one  of his sons Ferris and his youngest daughter was named Elnora.  William's son, Daniel was my 2nd great-grandfather.  Daniel was one of 13 children but he and his wife had only three children.  Their middle child was named Eleanor.  Daniel's oldest child, Samuel, was my great-grandfather.  He and my great-grandmother had five children.  The first born child was my grandmother, Eleanor, born in 1917.
     Eleanor Ferris, my 5th great-grandmother, is smiling down from Heaven seeing her name being passed down through the generations for almost half a century, from her birth in approximately 1763 to my grandmother, Eleanor's birth in 1917.
                                           Rest In Peace Eleanor    

                              


















Copyright 2020 by Annmarie Novick, Skipping Down Memory Lane. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment