Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Canvas for Murder

     In a previous post entitled 'See No Evil, Hear No Evil', I had mentioned a murder taking place in the school that my great-grandmother attended.
     While searching the internet for any information about Josie's school, I came across an article about an artist named Max Eglau who was murdered at the Institution for the Improved Instruction of Deaf-Mutes.  It was actually just a snippet of an article from the New York Times.  I tried to view the full article but it wouldn't come up; maybe it was too old?  I was curious to know when this horrible event occurred.  Was my great-grandmother in the school when it happened?  I needed to know more.  I searched and searched the internet for any information about Max Eglau.  I mostly found art galleries featuring his work but I did find a few more 'snippets' of articles regarding the murder.  I was a bit frustrated but determined to learn who Max was.
     I finally located news about the murder from historic newspapers at the Library of Congress and will write about this tragedy over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment