Monday, February 25, 2013

Following up on Eleanor's education...

a bit late on this follow up because I wasn't feeling well...

     My last blog post ended with my search for St. Aloysius High School in Brooklyn, NY.  My maternal grandmother, Eleanor Davis supposedly attended this high school according to her elementary school record from St. Leonard's and her autograph book.  Where is/was St. Aloysius?  I couldn't find it anywhere.  I checked the internet...  no luck.
     I finally called the diocese and was told that there was a high school in Brooklyn called St. Aloysius.  It had been closed down and the records stored at the diocese.  I would have called the diocese much sooner and I had thought of it but I wanted to find the information on my own.
     The very nice gentleman in the archives department told me that they have school records for St. Aloysius dating from 1931 to 1964 and that this school was located on Stanhope Street.
     I'm looking forward to this record.

No comments:

Post a Comment