Thursday, November 29, 2012

November News - - not much

     Well, here we are at the end of November and another month gone by without much writing from me.  This was supposed to be the month that I write about my military ancestors who fought in various wars and my Native American ancestor.
     I wasn't completely idle.  I spent quite a bit of time on Ancestry.com looking up names for my son's father's side of the family.  Imagine how pleasantly surprised I was to find the War of 1812 pension application for my son's 4th great-grandfather.  I felt like I had just discovered a hidden treasure.  This particular record not only had Gregory's 4th great-grandfather's date of death but the date of death for the widow as well.  The marriage date was also listed so that was a bonus bit of information.  I haven't found any such treasure for my side of the family.
     I finally bought ink for the printer so I can print all these records and try to get more organized.


No comments:

Post a Comment