Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Cousin Connection

     As I stated in my last post, I am researching the 'Davis' line and can't get past William H. Davis who was born abt. 1832 in Milton,NY.  His son Daniel was my great-great grandfather.  Daniel Davis is buried in Poughkeepsie Rural Cemetery which is located in Poughkeepsie,NY.  Daniel's brother Melville is also in that same cemetery but in a different section.
     The 1930 U.S. Federal Census shows Daniel and Melville living approximately five minutes away from each other i Poughkeepsie.  Their other brother Ferris lived about 15-20 minutes north in Hyde Park,NY but Ferris' son George lived near his uncles in Poughkeepsie.
     I already knew that Ferris was not buried in the Poughkeepsie Rural Cemetery so I called the cemetery back to inquire about the Davis brother' father, William.  My g-g-great grandfather, William H. Davis is not buried in the Poughkeepsie Rural Cemetery.  I do not know where Ferris' final resting place is nor do I know about his father.
     I recently located a man who I believe is my fourth cousin.  I will not mention his name because he is still alive.  I'm going to contact my new discovery to find out if he is indeed a cousin and what he might know about our Davis ancestors.

No comments:

Post a Comment