Sunday, June 12, 2011

3 R's

"The more that you read, the more things you will know.  The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."
                                                         
                                                      -- Dr Seuss   {Theodor Seuss Geisel 1904-1991}


     My 4 1/2 year old son loves books, loves learning, speaks very well with a great vocabulary for his age and he's very creative.  Gregory is a smart little boy which is why I removed him from daycare and enrolled him in a private school.  This school has an infant section (but no openings when I needed them four years ago) starting at six weeks and going up to 6th grade.  Gregory's class is considered 'Pre-School' and when school starts in September, he'll be in Pre-K.  As smart as my child is, he cannot go into kindergarten because of his birthdate.  The cut off date is sometime in December and he was born in January so he'll be almost 6 years old when he starts kindergarten.  I hope he won't be bored.  Greg's pre-school graduation is this Wednesday.  I'm so excited.
     Gregory's ancestors attended different types of schools and even worked in the education field.  My mother attended catholic schools and recently retired from the school system. She was a guidance counselor in a middle school in Queens,NY. I never attended 'middle school', it was elementary,  junior high, high school then college.  My great-great-grandmother's cousin graduated from New Paltz Teacher's College in 1911 then taught in a one room schoolhouse in rural Rifton,NY.
     Many different schools for many different reasons.  Education is the theme this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment