Friday, March 1, 2013

Gaudentia

"There she is...  there's Gaudentia..."

     On the elementary school record from St Leonard's I saw that MaMa's first teacher when she enrolled in this school was Sister Gaudentia.  My maternal grandmother told me that she chose the name Gaudentia as her confirmation name because it was the name of her favorite teacher.  Maybe this teacher took my grandmother under her wing because MaMa was a new student?  She transferred from a public school to St Leonard's in 1930 at the age of 13.  She got a late start n this school but was lucky to have Sister Gaudentia.
     When it was time for my confirmation I chose the name Gaudentia because that was the name that my favorite grandmother chose. ♥

     I wish I knew more about Sister Gaudentia.

No comments:

Post a Comment